We are looking to hire a mobile application developer to broaden our services and lead expansion into native mobile application development. We are looking for an engineer that has experience developing and deploying native mobile applications on a team at scale. Technical acumen and ability to mentor others are equally crucial to succeed in this role. You will work with a team primarily located in Durham, NC, though we have a number of team members and supporting contractors that work remotely. We are looking to fill the role in Durham, NC but will consider the right remote candidate. Your expertise in how to architect, and plan mobile applications will be relied on heavily to shape how we offer these services.
Working at Savas Labs
At Savas Labs, we prioritize a few things. We like people who are enjoyable to work with. We learn from and teach one another, and often the result is others learn as well either via blog posts, conference presentations, or social media. We dedicate time each week for self-improvement, socializing, and collaboration. We encourage a flexible work schedule so long as we uphold our commitments to one another and our clients. We value openness and encourage our team members to push and recognize the boundaries of their expertise in a given area. We are honest, yet respectful; this is not a cut-throat environment, but rather a supportive one. We take a lot of pride in the quality of our work. We value a work/life balance that keeps us productive and happy. We like to have fun and we take our values seriously. We greatly embrace diversity, value hard work, and use emoji fairly often . You’ll like it here.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance covered at 100% for you and your family
- Dental and vision insurance covered at 50% for you and your family
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) (matching contribution for full-time employees)
- Profit-sharing plan
- Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
- Semi-annual team retreats
- Weekly team lunches (for on-site Durham, NC employees)
- Bi-weekly skill-share sessions
- Conference presentation and attendance opportunities
- 24/7 access to the American Underground (for on-site Durham, NC employees)
- Annual technology stipend
- One annual paid community service day
As a full-service digital agency, we partner with clients to fulfill their design, user experience, strategy, and development needs. We work with high-profile corporate and nonprofit clients who operate in many different industries. We are adding mobile application development to our service offering for clients in addition to standalone products. Help launch this facet of our business!
- Great communication skills
- An interest in collaborating and sharing
- An interest in learning/teaching/growing
- A detail-oriented approach
- Pride in the quality of your work
You are well-informed about:
- Mobile application development frameworks
- Strengths and weaknesses of true native vs compiled native (e.g. React native)
- Best practices for back end/scaling
Let’s start there. If you’re Interested in applying for this position send us a message and attach a résumé and cover letter.